Thursday, June 28, 2007

Oh, all kinds of things...

Where do I even start?! We have so much to catch up on....

The Ukrainian Hunts are here!! We are so thrilled to have Joelie's parents here with us for the next month to love on these babies. We have had such a great time already and promise to take more pictures of the new grandparents soon!

We had a great time at the shower thrown for us by dear New Song friends. Of course I forgot to take one single picture! We'll just have to do it the old fashioned way and remember it with images saved in our memory....good friends, cutest house with lavender by the front steps and a big garden in the back, a backyard party with the yummiest foods and punch (have I ever mentioned my absolute love for punch?!), wonderful gifts of Haba toys and other such loveliness...thank you so much friends!

The babies are doing great. At their last doctor's appt. Amelia weighed in at a whopping 7lbs 4oz. and Sam at 5lbs 14 oz. They love to be in their slings and spend most of their days eating, sleeping, and "slinging"....:) I think I'll do a post soon about the things (such as slings) that have been absolutely essential in these first few weeks at home with the babes. The first thing on the list, of course, would be my mama. She has to leave us on Monday and I have minor breakdowns just thinking about it. Emotionally and physically she has been our hero...tirelessly serving us from the moment her plane landed on April 8th, the morning after my water broke. I will forever treasure these months spent with her...thank you sweet mom for the laughing,dish washing, clothes washing, post c-section serving, errand running,NICU visiting, house packing, house unpacking, baby holding/changing/washing/loving, early morning rising, encouraging mom that you are. How could I ever thank you enough?

Yesterday was Amelia and Sam's due date.Crazy, isn't it? In some ways it is easy to think of our time in the NICU as a blur, a bad dream that ended when we got them both home. Yet, it is part of our journey...part of our love story as Mrs. Peltier put it.So, I choose to look at those pictures, as hard as it is, to remember what a gift we have. What a gift each day is with these little ones.....





6 comments:

Court said...

So good to get an update from you guys and see the latest pics. I'm sure that Jim & Shari are loving their baby time! Can't believe how much Amelia weighs! Wow! This is great news. Have a great weekend!

the schilps said...

praise the lord for family that surrounds us in the moments of sadness and bliss. i am sure your home is filled with much laughter and joy, jen. relish in it.
and give miss shari a hug for me.
love you all!
abbe

Unknown said...

Babies are adorable, as is your new haircut.

Dawn said...

I love all the pictures--how wonderful is the internet!!
What a wonderful saga this has been!
I know you will miss your mama and all the help she has been.
Love and prayers,
Puddin'

Chris said...

I am sorry you guys are loosing your momma Joyce, but I'm glad I will be on the receiving end ! I have missed her terribly. I have already emailed her to make a coffee date :)
Joel: Question- remember when the college group stayed in Port A at your friend's vacation place? we were wondering if they might let us book the place for one night, we have a friend from Cali coming and we thought if it worked out maybe we could stay one night at the coast. Can you give us a phone number or ask them about it?? I hope this isn't a burden for you...
Thanks , we love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh i want to be there!

love from my baby dreams to yours-
tara