Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Deliriously happy....

Yes, as I sit here holding Amelia and listening to Sam grunting in the cosleeper next to me I think deliriously happy would be the best way to describe how we are all feeling. Delirious, of course, because we are caring for two little bodies and souls that need lots of feeding, burping, changing, loving, holding, comforting...did I say feeding? It sometimes results in much hilarity. Today mom and I were laughing so hard I almost threw up. She was describing to me how I look when I come out of my room after my morning nap. Oh my. See, I am the night time parenter. Thankfully mom comes running in (seriously, she looks like she's running. She says she feels like she's late:)around 6:30am to take the morning shift so I can get some sleep. Oh, what would I do without that morning nap?! Anyway,I guess I look pretty funny when i come out from my slumber. Joel gets home from classes and immediately jumps in for his turn to love on these babies....it's a lot of work and a lot of fun.

They both had an appt. with our pediatrician today and he said they look "excellent." Amelia weighed in at 5lbs 15 oz and Sam at 5lbs 2oz. Sam has to have some hernias taken care of and has to be weaned off of his oxygen. He is just on a little whiff and should be off soon.

Amelia will need to follow up with an eye doctor to make sure her eyes have matured. That's about it for now and we are soooo thankful.

Better run for now.Typing with one hand is tricky:) Thanks again so much for all of your encouragement and prayers...they have been such a comfort to us throughout this whole journey, Jen






10 comments:

Court said...

I just don't think they could be any cuter! :) So thankful for their great reports from the doctor. Hope the move goes well this weekend. Let everyone help you....you have 2 good excuses as to why you need the helpers!

Unknown said...

Jenny and Joel,

I finally was able to get back on your blogspot and catch up on you guys. What an incredible love story(all the way around) and what a happy ending! The pictures are so beautiful and the wrting straight from the heart. Thanks for sharing with us and letting us be a part of your story. You guyns have gone through the fire and come out stronger and more unified and beautiful. God is so faithful and must be so pleased with the way you've handled all that you've been dealt.
Can't wait to see you in person and hold those cute liitle things-until then give them a hug and a kiss for me! Love you and praying for you
P.S. I hope this comment gets accepted-they rarely do but maybe this one will make it.

Anonymous said...

Jenny thank you so much for the update and pictures. I love hearing how you all are doing. I am so happy that everyone is home and doing well. Kiss on the babies for me.. anna

ashley said...

What great pictures! Reminds me of when the girls were that age. Yes, lots of feeding, changing, burping, and wrapping back up!

Have a great day!

Dawn said...

Together again!!! Home at last!!!!!
Wonderful, full days ahead - I'd like to see a picture of your "morning Look" :)
Wish I was there to help - Glad grammy Joyce is there,
Hogs & Kisses,
Puddin'

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful babies!! Oh, live will never be the same and what a blessing that will be. About all I can say is Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy. It seems like in a blink of an eye they are grown. We will continue to keep you, Joel, your Mom, Sam and Amelia in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Oh, some how I miss them....
without even seeing them in the flesh, I miss them both terribly.

A world of LUV!

-Aunt Tara
(and baby cousin)

Shanyn Zink said...

Helloooooo Comment World!! I think I've finally done it. Testing, testing, 1,2,3......Publish PLEASE!!

Shanyn Zink said...

Oh,my eyes are wide with joy & surprise and delight as I FINALLY see a way to let not only the mamma & papa of my ;) babies (my neicey & nephew) see my love, but the whole rest of you Publishing People!! Oh, it's just killed me that I couldn't get on here & let you guys know HOW MUCH I LOVE THESE PRECIOUS PEAS IN THEIR PODS!! Aren't they DARLING!!!!!!?? Love you soooo much, Amelia & Sam, Hi, guys. All of you are just amazing. Truly amazing. Way to go, little fighters. You're home. AAaah. Bliss. You've got the most WONDERFUL PARENTS!!! Love you all, Auntie Shan

Shanyn Zink said...

Don't Amelia & Sam look soooo precious in their special authentic Hawaiian Blankets straight from Hawaii?! I think Amelia kind of looks like Hawaiian in that one close up of the blankets. Sooo beautiful!! Her lips are the most beautifully crafted baby lips I've ever seen. She looks soo - what's the Hawaiian word for relaxed? - Mahalo? or "take it easy". And Sam - I'm sorry ya'll, but I couldn't wait to get on here and let everyone know this....- while I definetly do see precious Joel Jr in there I DEFINETLY see my baby brother Joelie :) Hunt!! I could post a baby picture of my brother that looks A LOT like Sam - even the serious look. I can see how some of you would agree that he doesn't look like Joel Hunt now so much, but wow - definetly when he was a baby. Whew. I had to get that record set straight, since I am the only one so far from Joel Hunt's family that's been "published" on here. ;) Now I can sleep. Good night. And don't you think Sam looks soo cute in his STRIPES?!! And Joyce, did you make that cute "Welcome Home Sam!" poster?! Ok, I'll stop. Love you! Aunt Shan