Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Places that surround us...


When the weather's bad or he just needs a break from the bike, Joel will ride the TRAX to school. This is where he'll wait.


We feel especially urban when we ride the TRAX:)



We seem to find a way to visit Smith's every day! This picture is of "The big Smiths" that has a top floor with house and lawn stuff, clothes, etc.


This is how we get the goodies home from the store.


The entrance to Liberty park where we jog, go to events like Earth Day 2006, and take walks.It's a great place to be.


Our mailbox is another great place to be, especially when it's full of mail from family and friends (ahem). Ours is the big one on top, so don't ever be afraid that it will be too full.

Guess thats all the pictures for now. We had a good day today. We went to a place called "The Original Pancake House" for brunch and Joel was thrilled to discover it is the same Original Pancake house that is in Hawaii, where his beloved 49ers reside. They are these enourmously round, but very thin pancakes and he loooooves them. Then we went to a coffee shop where I worked for a bit doing some data entry. He then rode on to REI and I came back home to walk to Old Navy.

The reason for the Old Navy trip was to buy some baby girl clothes for newly born Megan Riley Howard. Now, we thought Megan was going to be a boy. The doctor even said it was going to be a boy after the ultrasound. Thus, a baby shower with a boy theme was given--by me-- all the while Megan's mom Holly was trying to tell us that she really thought it was going to be a girl!So imagine the surprise, to everyone but Holly, when 10lb Megan burst into the world:) So an immediate trip to Old Navy was in order, and cute girlie things were purchased to be sent ASAP. Next time a friend tells me to go nuetral on a shower theme, I promise I'll listen!

Hope all is well with you folks, Jenny

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, and what a girl she went and had. I can't wait to see Matt with her!
The entrance to the park is beautiful and I love the vintage mailbox. It does look hungry for mail. I may just have to do something about that.
Tell Joel hi for us and that I can't wait to hang pictures with him.
Lots of love, Mom
Be sure to tell me when you've seen the movie.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I sure would love to see a picture of the trolly unless you've already shown one and I missed it.

Anonymous said...

The professionalism and enjoyability of this blog is truly outstanding! Who is behind this? Who is the blogger? ;) I must meet her and is that bearded man in the pics her significant other? Does he have a pony tail? How long is he going to grow his beard? :)
I'm definetly telling others about this blogspot. Good work. I might even come visit you, I"m so impressed. :)

Jenny said...

Dear Anonymous Reader,

Glad you're enjoying the blog. Its been a great way for us to let family and friends know how we're doing in our new town. Yep, the bearded man is my sweet husband. I'm so curious how you found our blog--are you the faithful visitor from Nebraska? Jenny