Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Weekend adventures...

Our trips down to Houston and Austin to see family always have a spirit of adventure about them. A little road trip, a little sight seeing, a lot of family! 

Memorial day weekend we went down to celebrate Isaac's 6th birthday! Oh my goodness do these kiddos love their cousins, and I LOVE that we are getting to be a part of things like birthday parties and such for them! It was a baking party where they decorated aprons, wore bakers hats and decorated cookie cakes--so much fun! There were crazy storms over the weekend too--one night we thought a tornado was on it's way and the kids went around gathering things we should keep near us. Isaac wisely said we should have a Bible near and Sam gathered us and read some scripture about worry, fear and anxiety. I mean, sweetest things! I can't believe I have no photos from the whole weekend--boo. 

The big kids stayed with the Hunts for a few more days and had a blast swimming with Gpa Jim and then going to Galveston! It was fun for me to get a few days with just the little two. 
I met the Hunts halfway to get the kiddos and we met at a wonderful place I had been wanting to visit! It's a Christian homesteading community where you can visit and learn about rural life, traditional homesteading skills and crafts, and eat at their delicious cafe. This time I had my camera ready:) 


















Amelia was so excited to find some needle felting supplies and she really was ready to join the community! "Oh mom, it's just so beautiful here! It's so waldorfy. I just want to watch the women weave and do that pottery! Can we stay?!" Oh Amelia, I just love that creative, capable hands girl. 
Such fun to find this little treasure. That's all for now! Jen

1 comment:

emily* said...

I want to go there too!!