Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wildflowers win my heart...

It's been such a rainy, muddy, stormy Spring here in Texas and we have all kind of loved it! The wildflowers are just so wonderful. Bluebonnets, Indian paintbrushes, the roses in our front yard, the fields of  yellow on my drive home (bastard cabbage, that's what the naturalist called it at the nature center. Sadly it's invasive and no good, but I can't help but love it)...they just went crazy and now the Firewheels and Black Eyed Susans...wild flowers truly do win my heart. The kids have loved the mud and the turtles and caterpillars, frogs, crayfish, worms, fireflies....they even saw a rat snake the other day and once he knew it wsan't venomous, Sam caught it. Oh my. The mosquitos are swarming now though, and we don't love that at all. Ugh. Anyway, here's to Spring and all its green and rainy wonderfulness (on the other hand, prayers for those who have lost much in the Texas floods this past week, including my little brother whose cabin was flooded. So very thankful he is safe.)

















All for now! Jen

No comments: