Friday, June 28, 2013

Backyard play.

I'm a big fan of back yards and I'm so thankful that if we can't live way out in the country, at least we have a yard to have natural play spaces for the littles right here at home. When we moved into this house there was literally one bush in the back yard and the kids would sit around it looking for bugs and playing animals, etc. Kids are so good at making due! 
Joel and his dad have done such a great job at helping the yard flourish in the past 3 years.
The sandbox Jim built under the deck has had SO many hours and hours of play in it. It's one of my most recommended play things ever! Get some big Tonka trucks from yard sales, some shovels, little animals, muffin tins, a water hose nearby...endless hours of fun. Jubilee (21 months) is loving it this summer!
 Joel and Jim built the kids a playhouse! It's awesome...and huge! I can't wait to see all the play that goes on In it. I have lots of pictures of that, so I'll do a post on it soon. 
The most played in area right now I think is the chicken coop!! We moved it and Jim built a run so that they aren't so free ranging (pooping) everywhere, all the time. Amelia still loves holding them, Sam loves digging up bugs and worms and feeding them to them, and jubilee loves going in and out and in and out of their coop.
 The raspberry and blackberry vines are also very popular hang out spot these days. They are doing great! Go Joel! This series of pictures makes me laugh out loud. Sam and his peace sign holding the chicken...oh my. Then he was pretending Jubilee was a chicken and he was feeding her raspberries so " she would survive". 
And Oliver,well, he is following suit and loves to be outdoors like his siblings. So calming for his fussy times. And mine.

I guess that's all. I'm just sitting out here under the deck watching Jubilee play, holding a sleeping baby, the grape vines Joel planted green and shady beside me, and thought I'd record here how thankful I am with a thriving yard around me and for the hardworking guys that made it so! Jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome ! Love those chicken pictures :) Papa Joel