Sunday, May 05, 2013

Quite a week!

It's been a long week of pregnancy ups and downs: " I think this might be it! Nope, but my body is getting ready for sure!"Midwives worried about my BP, another trip to OB emergency, all is well. " I think this might be it! Nope. Just another night of contractions. Im going to be pregnant forever." More tests to rule out preeclampsia. No preeclampsia, baby looks great, but yes on hypertension and an induction at 39 weeks, which is a week from today. Whew! Still feel like I'll go into active labor on my own before then, and certainly hope so, but am still feeling ok overall, even if we do go in for the induction.

In the midst of this, the house was overcome with illness. First Sam, then Amelia, then Jubilee, then Sam again, then Shari!! Sam and Shari diagnosed with strep and Jubilee with bronchiolitis. So yeah, it was a doosy of a week.

Good things happened too. All of the labor indicators were good things- pointing towards my body getting ready, which had not happened last time when my water broke. Jim and Joel cleaned out the garage- woo hoo for that!! I can't tell you how long I have been wanting a tidy garage! Jim also made a run for the chickens so that they aren't always " free ranging", aka pooping all over the back yard! Anyway, lots of productivity amidst the sickness and laboring household:)

So, today I just feel wiped out and thankfully got a lot of rest. It will be a big week this week- more tests, midwife appts, hopefully some acupuncture and other things happening to naturally get babe to kick things into gear....hopefully everyone feeling better in the house so baby can come home to a healthy, happy home!

But for now, I am just looking at this picture and feeling so thankful for this amazing family I have, including Jim and Shari and all those in Texas. I can't believe in such a short time another little life will be here with us!!

Love to you guys as we wait,
Jen

2 comments:

Julia said...

Oh my goodness-- you are so close to meeting this new tiny person!

(Make sure I'm on the list to bring you a meal after you have the baby.)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see this new little one !!
love ya,
anna