Friday, May 17, 2013

Babymoon.

Oliver is now 4 days old, and we've spent the last three at home pretty much camping out in bed together. This is only possible because of Joel and his parents and sweet friends willing to care for the big kids- including one sick toddler! I am soooo very thankful for this time with him. Time to just drink him in, watch his every little facial expression, get back in the swing of nursing, and heal from the delivery. Together. It's what I've hoped for for so long, and it's actually happening.

Was my labor and my delivery perfect? Of course not. I'll say this, there had to be some "reconstruction" done in the OR after it was all said and done. Ahem. Ouch. And it's taking longer for me to feel up and at em' than my impatience would like, though I know that very soon I'll be transitioning into life with FOUR little ones and need to enjoy this rest as much as possible!!

And this, this is worth it all. Not in the hospital. In my bed. With my baby. Bonding and healing. I'll take that any day, and be thankful for every moment. I have, oh, lots of pictures since I've been staring at him so much. I'll share some now and try to put the majority in a Picasa album soon. Love to you! Jenny













3 comments:

ann.e said...

He is adorable - I can't wait to see each and every picture!! So glad you have this time with him - no NICU hooooray : )

Julia said...

Oh my gosh, these pictures! I love newborn babies so much; they are like magic and miracles and joy all wrapped together.

joel sr said...

Two beautiful Babes !! :}