Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter...

This was a special Easter season for me. I really wanted to clear my mind/heart for lent to open it up to Christ. So, I cut out watching any media for the 40 days of lent. It was so good. I didn't do perfectly, but that's ok, my mind and heart did feel significantly decluttered, and that was my hope. I also took the blog reader off my phone, which has limited my time reading blogs to almost nothing. Whew. I needed a mind/ heart declutter for sure! I loved both the Lent devotional I used ( again, not nearly every day did I read it, but every time I did was so refreshing) and listening to this JMT album was very worshipful as well. I figure if my heart is turned toward the Lord, it will naturally overflow into talking about Easter to the kids in a way that is deeper than Easter bunnies and egg hunts (though we love both:) as well.
It was also special to have Shanyn and Isaac visiting for Easter. They got to watch as we dedicated ourselves in front of our church community to raising Jubilee in a home that reflects God's love for us and for her. Oh, and the kids sang in front of church and Isaac bravely marched right up there and sang next to Amelia and that was so much fun to see as well. So, all in all a very special day and season (though not without its bumps. Think Sam screaming and crying that Joel hurt his feelings as we were getting ready for church and me getting mad that Joel was hard on Sam, etc. etc. Such is life I guess!:). Isn't Joel a hunkarama? Love this pic of him making his special french toast!
All for now! Jen

No comments: