Monday, March 21, 2011

Little Artists...


I really love this picture of Amelia and her friend Vera. Amelia is just now really getting into coloring and "writing letters" to her friends and family. In the past, she (nor Sam) have loved coloring. They love play-doh and painting--but her sitting quietly and coloring is new and so fun to see. Vera is the queen of coloring and writing her name, etc. so they had a great time being little artists together.

That's really all I wanted to say about that:) Jen

P.S. Oh yes, I did want to mention that I got to take care of Vera and her 5 month old baby sister Eden for a few hours today. It was lots of wild fun. A couple of things it made me think of:
1. I really love having a baby on my hip (or in a sling:) . It just feels right.
2. Shhh Shhh Shhhh. Trying to "shhhhh" little Eden to sleep reminded me of laying across from Joel in our big bed, two babies in between us, shhh shhh shhh ing them to sleep at night. Even though babies and sleep can be a very frustrating combo, I do have lots of sweet memories as well.
3. It's going to be interesting to see how Sammy transitions with our new babe. I'll leave it at that for now, but my wheels are turning on how to help our sensitive, time and touch needing boy when that time comes.
4. One thing I love about intense child-rearing seasons (like having twin infants) or like today is that I only have to think about the children. It's all I can think about. It's all I can focus on. I know myself and am really, truly okay with that now. Especially because I have experienced that it is just a season. I have enjoyed this season of having a bit more time outside the home, being able to raise my head up and out of the home and grow in other areas of life. I have to say, though, I feel ready to dig down deep in the trenches of intense motherhood again. It's where I am at my best I think (probably because it is where I rely most on the Lord!) .

5. I'm really tired. Really, really tired.

Whew that was a long P.S. !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those days of only thinking of my home... well, they are some of the happiest of memories. You are so right that it is only for a season and this season will fly by. I am thankful for the mammy season, too. 4 of the sweetest, most creative of grandbabies... one of which told me this morning, "I am waiting and waiting for you to live a long, long time.
Love,
Mammy