Saturday, February 05, 2011

A "smooky" story, just for you!

Sam and Amelia love for me to tell them "smooky" (spooky) stories. Their favorites are this series I tell them about two little girls named Jenny and Jennifer (yes, Jennifer K, this is me and you!) who go on all kinds of adventures and get lost in cornfields, and forests and on beaches, and by rivers! They always have so much fun, but eventually run into trouble...trouble like scary noises, large constructions sites that try to scoop them up in cranes, wild pigs chasing them through fields and valleys. It's a crazy, "smooky" world out there, but they always find a way to get home to their waiting mamas! :)

Anyway, Joel and I had a spooky adventure of our own tonight, and since this isn't the kind of story I can tell Sam and Amelia, you are the lucky listeners! :)

Joel and I went to the movies tonight! Yes, this is a big deal. I don't even remember the last time we went. We've never been great about getting out on consistent dates since Sam and Amelia were born. The only times we really go out are when we trade a friend baby sitting or when our parents are visiting. But now, Mammy is here! Woo hoo! So, out we went.

We saw The Fighter and it was so, so good. We also ate popcorn for dinner (no butter, if that makes that sound any better:). Fun stuff. I don't mean to get to mushy gushy, but as we walked out and Joel took a phone call (he's on call), I thought to myself, "Boy is he handsome. Boy do I love him." Yep, dates are good!

So, we were waiting on the elevator to come take us to the parking garage and waiting with us was one other man. He was not creepy looking really, but was dressed in all black and when I caught his eye I wasn't sure how to read him.

Let me back up and say that I finished reading The Gaurdian last night. My mom read it and then I picked it up because I was wanting a new novel to read. She failed to tell me that it was a CREEPY, SCARY book! I was totally and completely freaked out last night. I couldn't stop reading but I couldn't quit jumping at every sound I heard. So, I may have already been a bit on edge tonight.

Okay, back to the elevator. It finally came and the three of us got on. Soon after we got on the man slapped his hands against his coat making a loud noise and I think I jumped 2 feet. Still not sure what he was doing but I looked to find the alarm button on the elevator just in case. Then, oh then, when we had about 2 floors left to go he reaches into his pocket and pulls out....latex gloves. I am not kidding. He puts them on! I almost pressed the alarm but knew the doors were about to open. Whew. After we got out I put two and two together and realized he must have been a janitor coming to collect trash (I'm pretty sure his coat had the movie theater emblem on it), but not before Joel said, "I'm glad we didn't just get murdered!" He had put the keys in between his fingers to stab him if something had happened. Sheesh. Spooky indeed!

Sweet dreams....bwah hahahahaha.

Okay, I won't end this on that note. I'll share this picture with you. While we were fighting for our lives (ha ha), all was well and happy at the home front. It is so fun to go our completely relaxed because you know the little ones are spending time with their Mammy! They were watching Mary Poppins and loving it!:)



Jen




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad yall didn't get murdered too!!

That is so funny.

I also have a pretty smooky elevator story.

love ya,
anna

Jana said...

Oh my heavens! I would have fainted, or something even more embarrassing!!