Saturday, July 15, 2006

Mom's fingerprints...

Mom always leaves our home and hearts more beautiful than when she came. Here are just a few evidences of that...




Our little cottage finally has some flowers around it! I love waking up in the morning and seeing these beautiful flowers when I look out the windows!!
Inside the house I am now be surrounded by pictures of the ones I love...


Here is the most perfect rocking chair that I got for my birthday(sorry for the dying flowers in the background...I'll let go of them tomorrow I promise:)
It's the perfect reading corner now.

So, thanks mom for all of the time you spend making your children's lives more beautiful, more whole. I always feel so confidently me whenever you are around.

Well, mom left Thursday morning and Thursday evening we had visitors from Hawaii! We were sooo excited to have out good friends the Lomonts come and stay the night with us on their way from vacation road trip spanning from Arizona to Oregon. We had such a great time with them catching up on Hawaii friends and memories. They are one adventurous family! Its Brett and Kathy and their two teenage sons Sean and Josh. I remarked to Joel how respectful Sean and Josh were to their parents and how that teenage "we're too cool to like our parents" attitude didn't seem to be there. His response was that he had observed how respectful Brett and Kathy were to their kids--meaning that they really enjoyed them and didn't treat them like annoying teenagers. Very true. It was good to see. We miss you guys!

Friday brought my last working day at the English Language Institute for the summer session. I'm ready for a break! We start again on August 22nd and I'm scheduled to teach 2 classes. What a learning experience this has been. I am very thankful for the opportunity but a bit overwhelmed to jump into such an academic setting.I love getting to experience the different cultures that this program attracts, though, and getting to see a whole new side of the ESL world will keep me there despite my feeling inadequate.

Tomorrow morning I am leaving for a 16 day trip to TX. I am really excited to see my friends, my friends' new babies, my family of course,my favorite animals Barney the basset hound and Mama kitty, my ESL students from Seguin...I think it's going to be one great trip! I'm sad to leave Joelie though. We are such a part of each other, it just feels unnatural to be without him. So, I'm going to go now and spend some time with my love. Pack too, I must pack:) Hopefully I'll be seeing some of you soon and to the rest of you, I hope your summer is restful and that you are enjoying each day.Jen

No comments: