Wednesday, September 12, 2012

And still they play, for most of their day...

I am itching to share about our first two weeks of homeschooling! Haven't found the time/energy yet, but soon I hope! For now, I'll just say that it's 8:15pm and the kids are deeply engrossed in play, and though that's a bit late for us, it's so nice to be able to let it go. Let them play. There is no reason they can't sleep a little later in the morning, nothing to rush off to...
They are five. They need lots and lots of time for unstructured, free play. It's one of the main reasons I'm thankful for the opportunity to do our learning at home this year.
More soon,
Jen

1 comment:

anna said...

I can't wait to here about your schooling.

I know that we have had a good couple of weeks of school so far. Homeschooling an 8th grader and a 3rd grader can be crazy.