Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mama's Day.

French toast, new bird feeders and bird houses ( does he know me or what?:), hand made cards, planters filled with herbs and flowers, watching Sense and Sensibility in the middle of the day, back yard picnic...yes, Joel goes all out on Mothers Day. Every year. It makes me feel so special and loved.
Watching the kids make " mud cakes for Mother's Day" in their sand box this morning, I just felt a surge of thankfulness. For them, for being their mama, for the gift of motherhood. It's so easy to think of the little daily failures- a lost temper, a cluttered room, laundry undone, words unsaid...but as I watched them play and reflected on our days and Joel and I talked about how BIG they are getting I just thought, " Don't waste your moments being overwhelmed by the failures Jen, celebrate the daily beauty. It's flying by."
Thank you Joel for supporting my dream of spending my days with our children- thank you for finding worth in that and for encouraging me in it. It's a gift and I know that.
There isn't a Mother's Day that goes by where my heart doesn't ache for those in the throes of infertility,miscarriages, of expectations having to change, of adoption challenges and seemingly impossible waits...I have felt some of that deep down pain, and I can only translate receiving these gifts into thankfulness. Daily, is my hope. And oh how I hope for others who long for children to be given the gift of motherhood, and for the thousands of children waiting, to be given the gift of being mothered.
All for now,
Jen

1 comment:

Julia said...

Oh, that is so lovely, Jenny.