Sunday, October 15, 2006

Things I love:Teaching international students

Here are some pictures of the cutest hand made card EVER that my students gave me at the end of the session. What joy it gave me to read the words in this card,as, for the most part, I had no idea of whether they were enjoying or understanding my classes, especially grammar which I wasn't sure if I was understanding or not! Well, it all came out through this card and actually through their words on the last day of class. Music to the soul for this teacher whose love language is encouraging words:) I guess I got so used to to my super expressive Hispanic students, that I went into a bit of shock when I came to ELI and have almost all Asian students. I really enjoyed this group and look forward to next session when I'll be tutoring a few of these same students.

Anyway, here is the card. The two chickies are Joel and I:) Sooooo cute!!!




3 comments:

Jami said...

Hey Jenny...

I just wanted you to know that I started a blog! I enjoyed yours and another friends so much that I began my own. It was late one night, so no creative title came to me....I want to put pics of not just Mia but other things too, so maybe I will rename it at some point. For now it is "perfectly Mia"....check it out and let me know what you think. Tell your mom too please!
Oh, my email address is we3fishes@gmail.com

Love ya!

anna said...

jenny i love your card!!! how neat..i bet you are a great teacher..oh yea ask jamie if i can look at her blog..thanks anna

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that card. What an artist! It is obvious that they felt so loved by you. Keep up the good work. it seems like a small example of walking the walk. We don't often know of the impact until we're with Him.