Thursday, March 02, 2006

A Sad Goodbye


Pray before you teach.
Teach with your love
and love those you teach.

This is a quote one of my students gave to me and I love and believe in it with all my heart. Teaching these students is one of the most fulfilling things I have ever done in my life--and I got to do it twice every week for a whole year! I will miss our conversations, I'll miss hearing Blanca's heels "click clacking" down the wood floor hallway and into the classroom and her elegant way of saying "Good evening" with a calm wave of her hand before sitting down. I'll even miss Emmanuel coming in late, always with a funny comment or a crazy shirt (can you find him in the picture?:) , making us smile and roll our eyes. Such individuals, and so precious to me each one. My heart was full after each time we met and no class will ever replace this most precious group of people who I was privleged to have call me "Teacher".




No comments: