Thursday, August 28, 2008

Okay I was tagged by my friend, Courtney, to blog 6 random things about myself. Thanks, Court!

Here are the tagging rules:

1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4. If you are tagged, DO IT and pass it along

So, here are my Random Facts:

1. When I eat pizza I take off all of the toppings, including the cheese, before I eat it. Joel and I are the perfect pizza eating duo b/c I give him my toppings and he gives me his crust. Awww. Precious.

2. I usually don't enjoy watching a movie more than once, but in junior high/high school I watched Newsies no less than 100 times. I bet I could still recite every word. I think I'll rent it and see. I know Joel will LOVE that!

3. Speaking of musicals, when I was younger I loved to mow our lawn on the riding lawn mower and belt out Annie songs as loud as I wanted while I rode along. I was very passionate about Annie. My dad or brother usually had to re-mow the whole thing due to my inattention to detail:) Sorry guys. I was in the moment.

4. When I walk into stores like Bed, Bath and Beyond I immediately get a headache. Same goes for the infant/toddler section of most big box stores. I must be easily over stimulated but all of the colors/noises/clutteredness just makes me crazy. That must be one reason why our babes have only two toys that use batteries--one is a puzzle and the other stays outside!

5. Almost without fail, if someone from Texas comes to visit I get sick. It is almost as if my body says, "Oh, help is here!" and then promptly shuts down. Often it is this super weird hyper thirsty, nauseated feeling. I'm weird, I know.

6. I really like affirmative signs in shopping places. Like, "We appreciate our customers!" Or little stickers on your groceries that say, "Thank you!" So, when Joel informed me that those bright orange thank you stickers at HEB were so they knew you paid for something, I was greatly disappointed.

The end. I tag.... (if you don't want to do it that's okay. But you get to talk about yourself, and really, who doesn't want to do that?!"

1. Anne
2. Tara
3. Jennifer
4. Kristi
5. Naomi
6. Robin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny about the singing while mowing, because
I use to do the same thing when I mowed. Back before TBC had buildings and their was grass everywhere my famliy and I used to do all the mowing and Mrs. Plachey even mentioned seeing me sing my heart out while mowing. I guess we felt like we had to compete with the loud roar of the mower. Miss you my friend, anna

Anonymous said...

I love this idea. Can't wait to read everyone's answers. I was just thinking about Newsies. I do think I need to rent it also.
Mom

Shanyn Zink said...

1) Definetly did the singing loud while mowing thing. IT felt strangely secure and I loved knowing God heard every word I sang or prayed to him. :)I had the best "quiet times" while mowing.

2) You made me burst out laughing when I read #6.

Shan

Court said...

thanks for playing along :)