Saturday, July 04, 2009

Oh, my little guy...




At 27 months old, our little Sam got his first hair cut yesterday! Mom started it by cutting his bangs in the morning so that the hair would be out of his eyes. Then, as he ate dinner she started snipping a little more in the back. By the time she had finished we were laughing so hard we couldn't see straight. We just couldn't decide if it looked like a cute little surfer cut or a feathery 80's rock band cut. So, off to Great Clips we went:) Sammy did perfectly, happy as a clam sucking on a "special treat" as she evened everything up. As you can see in the last picture, it isn't super short but it's still a big change! I love that it's out of his eyes and a bit cooler for summer, but boy did I love those long locks:)

Thanks for your encouragement on my last post girls, it really did help! I even thought of you guys during class today, thinking, "Keep going Jen, they're all rooting for you!" The 2nd class was a little less humiliating, though only because I was sitting in the back row this time! I still don't understand why I am the ONLY one in the class whose legs seem to give out every time I try to stand up on the bicycle. I asked the instructor afterwards if I was doing something wrong or if I am really just super weak! She said that it will take time to build up my muscles and to learn how to rely on my core and not just my legs when standing up. Ah well, at least I'm burning calories while I work on getting better. Onwards we go!

Hope you guys have a wonderful 4th! Jen

4 comments:

ann.e said...

He looks so grown up!!

Anonymous said...

I love Sammy's hair and way to go on the second class - I can't pull this off in person but I think it works in writing- You go girl! love you, b

Sarah H said...

Aw, so grown up. :) Did you save some of his hair?

Unknown said...

I was just wondering yesterday... when will sam get his first hair cut ??? And today, there it is!
He looks dashing!