Sunday, August 06, 2006

Bub

We got to see bub (aka: Joel Schoepf Jr.) !!! I didn’t get to see him in TX as he was on the road so I was so excited to learn that he was going to be in Utah with the band he works for. They got here on Friday afternoon and Joelie was passed out after an all night study session and so I drove and picked bub up and he got to come and see the house. I was so in love with him being there that I forgot to take pictures:( but it was so wonderful to show him our new turf.
Joelie woke up shouting “Buuuuuuuub!!!!” when we walked in the room and we went and ate at a great Thai place down the street. Then we went with him to the show and got to see him in action.
I tell ya, he is pretty amazing and I sure hope these bands know what they’re getting when they hire him!! Bub is a caretaker and so loyal and hardworking and he works the whole show making sure the band has the right ,tuned guitars on stage for each song, that the fans don’t get too rowdy and knock over equipment, and on and on. He also makes sure his sister has a place to sit down away from the craziness as he knows that drinking, wild crowds are her hell:)I know that we saw only a fraction of his job too, there is much, much more that he does to make sure things run smoothly. Really, I am always amazed at his hospitality and nurturing heart. Just watch him sometime with babies or elderly people and see if it doesn’t make you cry! Needless to say we had a wonderful time and I even like getting to see that whole rock-star scene once in a while. Of course, I high tail it back to my calm, quiet life but it’s fun to observe and especially since its such a big part of both my brother’s lives. Funny how the three of us are so entirely different and yet love each other so completely.
Well, while I’m on the subject of bub, let me introduce you to his sweet fiancé Robin (hi Robin!).
Robin is also in the music industry and so they have much in common. More importantly, she is kind and sincere, and loves Joel with all her heart. They are one of the most hospitable couples I have ever met. They both love people and it shows. Welcome to the family Robin!
More on my TX trip soon and very soon, Jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How great to have your Big Bub in your little cottage. I agree with you on the observed attributes of Joel and Robin individually and as a couple. Our family is growing and I'm not even a Grandma yet!!!!