Friday, February 22, 2008

Snippets of our day: day two

Amelia's attempts in crawling usually result in her scooting backwards on the hard wood floors or a combo roll/scoot on the carpet. She gets stuck in the craziest places. So, this little snippet is dedicated to this "Help, I'm stuck!" phase.

When I found her like this she was just acting like all was normal. She starting playing with every part of the flower pot she could. Then she got annoyed because she couldn't move on the next adventure and started squealing for me to help. I couldn't, of course, because I was very busy. Very busy taking pictures. So, she then just started scooting backwards with it attached to her. I guess she thought, "Well, if no one will help, I'll just bring it with me:) Soon after, I did make myself put down the camera and free her. I promise.

"Mooom, help me!"

"Okay, guess you're coming backwards with me you big, green weird thing."

Moving on to Sammy. One of our favorite quirk of his is that when he's playing he likes to have one toy dangling from his mouth and another toy that he is playing with. It cracks us up every time.


It was a good day with these little ones, hope yours was as well! Jen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute Jenny! It is so hard to not be able to hug on them after seeing them do such adorable things in those pictures.
Hope you are doing well.
Love, anna

Shanna said...

Yes, we definitely do need to catch up...our lives are such whirlwinds right now. My mom is here and we had so much fun reading your blog the other night. Your comments keep us in stitches! Love the posts, love the pics!

Shanyn Zink said...

Jenny I could not contain my laughter after reading the comments on those pictures. The one that finally broke me open into a full out deep laugh (that still has me silent smiling so hard that my cheeks kind of hurt)is, "Okay, I guess you're just coming with me you big weird green thing" re: Amelia & the flower pot. Oh! Tim actually asked me if something was wrong over there..because after laughing out loud then he heard me grunting and breathing silent laughter and couldn't tell if it was crying or what. I just couldn't STOP.
sz

Shanyn Zink said...

I still can't.
SZ

Jami said...

Is that baby falling out of the sling? Why has no one else asked that? Am I lame or what?

Jenny said...

Hi girls!

Anna--Boy do I wish you could hug them too! Sam goes for me with your precious ones!

Shanna Banana--Yes, our lives are indeed whirlwindish aren't they? Would love to find out how your school is going, etc. Love ya!

Shanny--thanks for all of the comments:) Yes, they keep us full o laughter as well. When Joel is home we are always saying, "Hey, come look at this!" in a hushed tone and then we just crack up at whatever they are doing. Sammy has actually been taking her toys for a while now. Most of the time, though, he thinks it is a fun game. She does not!

Oh Jami-- I think the reason most people ask that question is because they know better! She loves to hang upside down and so we let her play like that in her hammock sometimes when she finishes her nap -while we are sitting right there:) I l do love taking pictures , but not enough to do so while my babes might be about to hurt themselves!

Love you guys and are so happy to hear from ya, Jen